Take on board some of the findings we have prepared for you to make it easier to decide on which fly fishing reel is best for you and your needs. Remember a solid fly reel doesn’t need to break the bank; you can find a lot of choices out there on the internet.
Some qualities you must ensure you consider when purchasing a fly reel are as follows. When shopping for a fly fishing reel you will want to consider the following:
- Line Capacity
- Material its made from
- Drag System
- Suitable for Salt or Freshwater use
- Reviews from other users
Looking for a Fly Rod?
Check out our Best Fly Rods under $200 Guide for some help!
Here’s some of Our Best Fly Reels Under 100 For You:
1. Piscifun Sword Fly Fishing Reel – Best Budget
You will be amazed at the performance, price and value of the Sword series. It features CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy construction, hard anodized finish, easy-to-adjust drag system and lightweight design, which makes them winner parts of reels in the similar price range.
Paired correctly with your fly rod weight and size, this reel is a good choice and it will help to balance positively your fly rod and fly reel together. A very simple built in switch from left hand retrieve to right hand retriever for those that may be either handed when wanting to retrieve line.
This is a plus as it will save you time messing around switching up your retrieve and lines. The sealed carbon drag system makes this a quiet, smooth drag to use, as well as very durable. With a 3 year warranty this reel is a very good choice for a beginner fly rod angler Piscifun have rapidly become one of the best in lower priced budget range fly fishing gear and we recommend their products with no worries.
The Piscifun Swordfish:
- SOLID and LIGHTER WEIGHT – Precision CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy for high-impact durability; Larger CNC hollow design makes the reel lighter than ordinary ones.
- SILKY SMOOTH DRAG – Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag system with a one-way clutch bearing for smooth immediate drag engagement. Accurate click drag and silent retrieve.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE – Hard anodized for surface protection increases abrasion resistance and weather fastness; Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- Mid-ARBOR DESIGN – Reducing line memory while also facilitating lightning-quick line pickup.
- Mid-arbor design for easier and quicker retrieve; Easy conversion from Left-hand to Right-hand.
In view of the price, quality, and offerings, I find Piscifun Fly Reels to be the best fly fishing reelfor those on a budget.
2. Sougayilang Fly Fishing Reel – Very Durable
- This fly reel is made of CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, that made it more durable and corrosion-resistant in all environment. Larger CNC hollow design makes the reel lighter than ordinary ones.
- 2+1 Ball Bearings and 1:1 Gear Ratio, One-way roller bearing engages drag in one direction, Strong All-aluminum construction, Large arbor design for smooth immediate drag engagement accurate click drag and silent retrieve.
- Finely machined and knurled metal screw caps to loosen the spool and easy to change left to right-hand retrieval conversion. Hard anodized for surface protection increases abrasion resistance and weather fastness; Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- A killer freshwater fly reel for multi-species fishing in rivers, lakes, streams, creeks.，Ideal for all-around fly fishing species such as Trout, Grayling, Salmon and other predatory fish.
- FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY is available with this fly reel and their customer service is very good should you need to contact them
A very durable fly reel, perfect for those just starting out in the sport!
3. Redington Zero Fly Reel – My No.1 Choice!
Redington fly reels have fast become one of the leading Fly Fishing Tackle manufacturuers and its easy to see why. They make extremley great quality tackle with great prices and that come with a lifetime warranty. The ZERO reel sets a new standard for lightweight performance and affordability as the lightest reel in its class.
Utilizing die-cast construction to create what is an incredibly lightweight design and not achievable with CNC machining processes. Brand new design for a durable clicker drag system that compliments the design to make for the ultimate in lightweight trout reels.
The Redington Zero Fly Reel:
- Lightest reel in its class
- Unmachinable, unique die-cast construction, Super-lightweight design with quick-change spool, Easily converts to left or right hand retrieve
- Twin molded, soft-touch ergonomic handles, Spring loaded, clicker drag system
- LARGE arbor design speeds retrieve and reduces line memory
- Lifetime warranty
The Redington fly company is a very well known brand and I own and fish with quite a few of their products. Superb value for money and will last you a lifetime!